For the dough:
- 350g flour (bread dough type)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 bag baking yeast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 25 cl warm water
For the tomato sauce:
- 300 ml chopped tomato
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- A pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 4 large slices ham
- 60 g black olives, pitted and sliced
-300 g mozzarella
- 200 g grated cheese
- A handful of fresh basil
- 2 eggs
- Put the flour, salt, yeast and olive oil in a large bowl. Gradually incorporate the warm water by mixing with a wooden spoon.
- Stir for a long time until the dough comes out of the bowl.
- Cover with a tea towel and let stand for 1 hour in a warm place.
- In a salad bowl, combine the tomatoes, oregano and a pinch of salt. Set aside
- Once the dough is well rested, place it on your floured work surface and work it, shape the dough into a thick rectangle. Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Spread tomato sauce up to 3 cm from the edges.
- Add the ham slices, olives, mozzarella and grated cheese. Place a few basil leaves.
- Arrange the dough so that it is long towards you and gently roll the stromboli. You can fold it to give it a «U» shape if it is too long.
- Make several slits on top to allow air to pass through during cooking. Brush the top with egg yolks and bake.